Monday, March 21, 2011

First Planting of the Year!

Yesterday, I got to plant some vegetables.  I intended to plant peas, onions, and carrots, but I ran out of time to plant the peas.  I'll have to plant them later in the week.

I bought the garlic and onion sets at the grocery store. I was excited to see that could buy onion sets there. I bought red, white, and yellow onions. The garlic is organic so it hasn't been treated with spouting retardants.

I had a couple of onions that I missed last year.  I planted them too late, so they never got very big. I dug them up and planted them with the onion sets.

To plant the onion sets, I put on a garden glove and poke 2" holes in the soil, about 3" apart.  Then I drop in a tiny onion.  Finally, I cover up the hole and water the planted onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails