Friday, July 23, 2010

Mmmm, zucchini blossoms...


Eric and I picked some zucchini blossoms at the community garden and we bought some more at the Lexington Farmer's Market. I thought that it would be lovely to make fried zucchini blossoms stuffed with herbed goat cheese.


So I stuffed each zucchini blossom with about a tablespoon of herbed goat cheese. The blossoms that we picked at the community garden were very fresh, so I was able to open the blossoms and spoon in the goat cheese. The farmer's market blossoms were a little older, so I had to slit their sides open to spoon in the goat cheese.
I dipped the stuffed blossoms in beaten egg and then in a mixture of Italian herbs, sea salt, and panko.  I fried them on each side in medium hot canola oil until they turned golden brown. They were delicious!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails